Talk To More People
"The richest people in the world look for and build networks. Everyone else looks for work.”
-Rich Dad, Poor Dad
As I point out in my book, Right or Almost Right, one of my very best mentors was Jeff Roberti, the top distributor at NSA. Today, he is one of the top earners in network marketing, having earned more than $85 million over the course of his career.
Jeff gave me the most incredible advice I have ever heard. No matter what the problem, he would explain that the solution was to "talk to people." What if that didn’t work? "Talk to more people." He was absolutely right.
The key to solving any problem is to talk it out with the people who have the power to fix the problem. In network marketing that is new prospects, individuals who are not in our business or using our products. To find that new person, we sometimes have to talk to many people. In Right or Almost Right, I explain it as it as shucking for oysters. “Sometimes your oysters are at the top of the bucket or maybe at the bottom of the bucket. Sometimes you have to get a new bucket”.
Sometimes, the person we need to have a conversation our self! A very personal check up. Ask yourself the tough questions.
- How many new prospects did I introduce to my business this week?
- Who did I follow up with?
- Am I doing 3 way calls with my prospects?
- Am I showing my new people the power of 3 way calls?
- Am I on the company conference calls?
- Am I bringing guests on the conference calls?
- Are my new people on the conference calls?
- How many people have I brought to company meetings or events?
- Am I the person I would like my upline to be?